Monday, January 12, 2009

To the hospital we go...

Joelle was hospitalized last week for three days because she had the RSV virus and was having trouble getting enough oxygen. It was a long week. Luckily it happened on Tyler's days off and he just happened to have a three day weekend (which he never does) so he was able to stay home with the boys while I stayed at the hospital with Joelle. It took the nurses in the emergency room 40 minutes to get an IV in her because she was so dehydrated from throwing up. It was very upsetting to see my baby in pain and not be able to do anything to help her. So in the last couple of months she has been to the emergency room for croup, had to have breathing treatments and xrays for bronchiolitis, and then RSV with ear infection. And guess what?...now Cody has it! Yeah! Luckily he's not doing too bad. I only do breathing treatments for him at night and he thinks his pink antibiotic and grape flavored Motrin are a yummy treat!


Poor baby!


What's going on? Why am I here? This sure is a crappy way to spend my first New Years Eve.

What is this thing they keep sticking in my face? I think I'll see how it tastes...humm not bad.


The nurses had to find me some toys because I don't know I'm sick and I just want to play!


Look Mom! I'm sitting up all by myself...you didn't even know I could do that! Surprise! Hey...what is that nurse doing? Is it going to hurt?


It sure is hard to crawl around with all these tubes attatched to me!





Yeah! The tubes are gone...get me out of this baby jail...can't you see I'm going crazy in here?


I'm tired of waiting...wake me up when it's time to go home!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Buffy said...

I'm so sorry...that totally sucks! Sick babies are no fun for you or for them!!! I hope you all are feeling better!

Janet Stevens said...

Those pictures are so sweet! Glad she is on the mend!!!

Jackie said...

I know what you're going through since I went through the same thing with Claire. No fun at all! Hope she feels all better soon!

Lindsay said...

OH how sad. I had never heard of RSV until we were in Utah. I know it can be VERY serious. I am glad she is getting better. You better rest yourself. I know how tired I get after my kids get sick. Take care.

Adrienne said...

I'm sorry to hear about Joelle being so sick. What a terrible thing to go through! I hope you're holding up and will all be feeling back to normal soon.