We have a pecan tree in the back yard and this is the first time since we have lived here that the pecans have been any good. So the other morning we picked up pecans for about 30 to 40 minutes. It would have taken up less time but we kept having to re-pick up the ones that Cody would take out of the bowl and throw back on the ground. Our dog Tori was also stealing them out of the bowl and eating them. I guess they taste better out of the bowl than off the ground. We ended up with about two gallon sized bags full. I asked Tyler if I should make a pecan pie for Thanksgiving, he said "No way! They're too fattening." So what?...the turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and apple pie aren't? :)
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
If you put the pecans in the freezer for 24 hours it will kill all the insects that may be in them. Then you can crack them at your leisure.
Mom
Post a Comment