Friday, April 9, 2010

No wonder!

No wonder I've been so tired! I got my test results back from yesterdays doctors appointment and I am anemic and my glucose levels are too high (borderline gestational diabetes). Well that explains a lot. I was not surprised about my glucose levels being high because they have done the same thing in all my other pregnancies but I was surprised about being anemic because I do take prenatal vitamins....not everyday like I'm supposed to but most days. I haven't been that careful about my diet lately, I was doing much better in the beginning. I don't eat as well when I am stressed out. And I haven't been working out as much. The last time I worked out, about 10 days ago I had a couple of really big contractions right after I stopped and it really scared me. I still take the kids to the gym but I usually get too nervous to work out much. I guess I will have to give the treadmill another try and see what happens. I obviously need to pay better attention to how I'm taking care of myself.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I was anemic as well Jen so have to take the extra iron vitamins. Sucks...I can barely remember to take the prenatals. I hate taking vitamins! I have always lucked out and not had the diabetes problem. Sorry that you do! Hopefully the iron will give you a little energy back. ;-)

Janet Stevens said...

I got tired just reading this. Good luck!!