Not a great way to start the day...especially since it was
Boone's 1st birthday.
There was a bad hail storm last night (this morning) at around 2:30 am. It woke us up and was very scary. The wind was reported to be between 60 to 80 MPH and I was nervous that the tree by the side of the house was going to crash through the roof. I was relieved when it finally moved past us and was glad there did not seem to be much damage outside to our newly landscaped back yard.
THEN....later this morning I stepped on the carpet to go open the blinds and felt the wet floor. I thought Joelle had had a pee pee accident on the carpet and then noticed it was still wet as I walked. I knew Joelle couldn't have peed that much and then I finally realized what was wrong. I was on the phone with my friend Michelle G. and I was freaking out.
Water came in from the roof (due to a missing piece of flashing) and the water got so high up against the foundation that is came in through the spaces they leave between every few of the bottom bricks.
In the five years we have lived here, with all the terrible storms we have been through, this never happened until we put our house up for sale...go figure!
This is on top of having our new minivan backed into by our neighbor when I parked it out front of the house, like the painters asked me to, so they wouldn't spray any paint on it.
AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Boone's 1st birthday.
There was a bad hail storm last night (this morning) at around 2:30 am. It woke us up and was very scary. The wind was reported to be between 60 to 80 MPH and I was nervous that the tree by the side of the house was going to crash through the roof. I was relieved when it finally moved past us and was glad there did not seem to be much damage outside to our newly landscaped back yard.
THEN....later this morning I stepped on the carpet to go open the blinds and felt the wet floor. I thought Joelle had had a pee pee accident on the carpet and then noticed it was still wet as I walked. I knew Joelle couldn't have peed that much and then I finally realized what was wrong. I was on the phone with my friend Michelle G. and I was freaking out.
Water came in from the roof (due to a missing piece of flashing) and the water got so high up against the foundation that is came in through the spaces they leave between every few of the bottom bricks.
In the five years we have lived here, with all the terrible storms we have been through, this never happened until we put our house up for sale...go figure!
This is on top of having our new minivan backed into by our neighbor when I parked it out front of the house, like the painters asked me to, so they wouldn't spray any paint on it.
AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment