Sunday, December 5, 2010

Creativity

Dane has always loved to dress up. But he has been extra creative about his costumes lately. He has been creating accessories for his costumes out of paper and tape.

Here he is as a Ninja




A soldier with a laser eye piece.

Tyler was telling Dane how he helped make his younger brother Jason a knight costume when they were little boys, so next thing Tyler knew, he was making Dane a knight costume out of cardboard and silver spray paint. I think Tyler did a great job...don't you?






This picture is not a costume but creative non the less. It is the "Death Star" from the Star Wars movies, surrounded by smaller ships. I love when my kids play with blocks rather than play video games. I used to play with blocks a lot as a kid. Cody has been building a lot lately too, I think it's really good for a kids brain to build with blocks. Thank you Grandpa and Grandma Stevens for making these for us!

This is the helmet that started this latest dress up phase. There is a character in the Star Wars movies called Boba Fett. Dane didn't have a Boba Fett helmet that he has seen in his Lego Star Wars game, and he wanted one, so he made it. If you could see the real helmet you would be impressed! :) The cut out part is just perfect...I was very proud of him for using his own ingenuity to accomplish his goal of being Boba Fett. Way to go Dane!


Posted by Picasa

0 comments: