Sunday, August 10, 2008

What's in a nose...?

After preschool the boys will get one of those little Dum Dum lollypops from their teachers. And they like to eat them on the drive home. About

4 weeks ago when I went to get Cody out of his car seat he handed me his stick and it was only about as half as long as it should be. I looked everywhere for the other half but I couldn't find it. I thought to myself..."hummm, I hope he didn't stick that up his nose, nah! He probably chewed on it until it was soft and then swallowed it. " I looked up his nose and couldn't see anything so I forgot all about that thought. About a week later he got a runny nose on one side and his breath started smelling really bad. I ended up taking him to the doctor and she asked me if he might have stuck anything up his nose. I told her about the stick and she looked up his nose and couldn't see anything. She prescribed an antibiotic and said if it didn't get better, and wasn't just a sinus infection, we would have to put a scope up his nose. Well, one night a couple of days ago Cody was being silly about taking his medicine and started laughing and shaking his head back and forth really hard. Awhile later Tyler came and found me in the office and said "Look what I just stepped on!!! It was on the kitchen floor!" Cody had shook his head so hard that he finally dislodged the lollypop stick he'd had clear up in his nasal cavity for 3 1/2 weeks!!!!
Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: